What is a toxin?
When I say word “Toxin”, I am talking about a substance that is harmful to the body after either after a single exposure or repeated exposure over time. Toxins are everywhere in our food, water, and even in the air, we breathe.
Your body can’t easily eliminate these toxins or break them down. They get stored in places like fat tissue and eventually make their way through your bloodstreams and invade your brain, lungs, heart, liver, stomach and sexual organ.
Whereas the liver is one such organ which possesses the capability of clearing out all the toxins at regular intervals.
Ways To Detox Body
1. Replace morning regular tea with green tea
Green tea contains powerful antioxidants, and it can reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, reduce bad cholesterol levels, minimize signs of aging and improve memory. you can find green tea at most grocery stores or buy green tea leaves and steep them in boiling water for 3-5 minutes, then drain.
2. Try Acupuncture for a truly balanced body
This is one of the best forms of cleansing, but few of us only know much about it. Acupuncture is a part of holistic medicine that may help to naturally heal some of your biggest health problems, while also helping you to cleanse any blockages of toxins in the body. I had explained about acupuncture with details in my last post.
It’s very important to go to a licensed acupuncturist who really knows what they are doing, and when you experience this therapy you will love it. Many have sought out acupuncture for everything from fertility issues to sinus problems to injuries.
3. Eat more fibrous food
When you introduce a proper serving of fiber into your diet, it helps to keep the digestive tract in good working status. All toxins, excessive waste, that has built up in the digestive tract will move through rapidly. You feel healthier and your digestive tract works well that it is intended to.
There are some great fiber supplements out there, but you should try to eat it naturally available form. Fresh fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains are all excellent sources of fiber.
4. Minimize or eliminate white sugar intake
Also, avoid substitutes that contain toxic artificial sweeteners and opt for natural sweeteners such as stevia, honey, coconut sugar, date sugar, etc
5. Moisturize your body
In addition to keeping your skin soft and supple, moisturizing your body from inside out is important to your general health and bodily function. Keeping moisturized your skin means getting enough water so that your body can function efficiently. Water is like the ultimate shipping system, transporting nutrients to your cells and whisking away toxins. Aim to drink three litres of fluid daily. This will help move the lymph and support kidney detoxification.
Your skin has the natural barrier to help retain moisture, that barrier contains omega-3 fatty acids. Try adding foodstuff like walnuts, salmon, and flax seeds to your diet to boost your omega-3 fatty acids intake and moisturize your skin.
6. Go Organic
Eating organic can reduce exposure to synthetic chemicals that overtax your body’s natural ability to cleanse. Do your best to eat some of these foods each day. If you do, you are giving your body almost a daily cleaning service.
- Avocados: Avocados contains glutathione, which helps the liver detoxify synthetic chemicals, helping to rid your body of various toxins. Eat avocados or throw a few slices on your breakfast toast, but the healthy-fat fruit is actually also a detox superstar.
- Beets: This red vegetable contains a mix of phytochemicals and minerals that make it a great blood purifier and liver cleanser.
- Broccoli: Not only does broccoli increase glutathione, which helps the liver transform toxins into a form that can be easily eliminated. Glutathione is the powerful antioxidant and also supports liver enzymes that break down mold toxins and heavy metals.
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in glutathione and that’s why carrots are one of the most powerful detoxing vegetables. As a bonus, they are loaded with beta-carotene and vitamin A, and have cardiovascular benefits, and help improve immune function.
- Onion & Garlic: Onion and garlic carry high sulfur and the compounds that help to remove heavy metals from the body and can also prevent damage caused by heavy metal exposure. These sulfur-rich foods also help your body produce more glutathione, a critical antioxidant which latches onto and carries toxins out of the body.
- Lemon: Lemon contains ascorbic acid, which helps to detoxify the body; it also aids digestion, keeps your skin glowing and provides vitamin C, which stimulates white blood cell production and boosts immune system function.
7. Treat your skin right
The gentle exfoliation boosts circulation and promotes new cell growth too. By eliminating toxins from your body and reducing inflammation, also detox drinks boost skin health and minimize the signs of aging.
Keep your skin relaxed by hopping into the tub. Add about two cups of Epsom salt, available at any drug store. Then soak for 20 minutes, Epsom salts contain magnesium, as well as other minerals and nutrients that are absorbed into your skin during the bath, and can help with detoxification processes.
8. Get good sleep
Recommended: Foods for good sleep and calm mind
9. Chelation therapy
Chelation therapy is considered an alternative medicine that has the purpose of removing heavy metals from the body. This treatment introduces chemicals into the body that will bind with toxic metals and carry all toxins out of the body. It has been used since the 1950s to treat acute poisoning from lead and iron.
While you’re detoxing the body, it’s good to clear the clutter from your mind too. Aim for 15 minutes of meditation per day. If you don’t know how to meditate, try belly breathing. Start by placing hands palm down on your lower belly. Breathe in through your nose, counting slowly to 3 or 4 counts. Feel your tummy rise with the breath. Breathe out just as slowly, allowing the belly to drop. Do this for 15 minutes daily for the result.
Foods to avoid
– Artificial sweeteners, white sugars, honey, maple syrup
– High fructose corn syrup
– Pasta and bread
Detox drink recipe
Here are the two detox water drinks you can make at home.
1. Cucumber and lemon detox water drinks
Cucumber is anti-inflammatory and helps to keep the body hydrated. This water drink is best for boosting immunity and cleansing out toxins from the system. To make this drink you need ingredients like one cucumber, one lemon, and some mint leaves. Peel a cucumber and make juice of it and strain out the liquid. To this add half a lemon and also add one slice of lemon in it. Add mint leaves which brings a flavor in it.
2. Apple cider calorie burning detox water
The main ingredient in this drink is apple cider vinegar. To make this potion you need a sliced lemon, 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar, one spoon of lemon juice. Make mixture or to mix it well you can put the mixture in a blender and blend about few seconds. You can add honey to it if you want a better taste.