Sometimes the immune system had failed to insure the body with the defense mechanism. Antioxidants insure the body free from harmful free radicals. I had already discussed in detail about free radicals, so today I will let you know more about Antioxidants.
You have been chasing your tail all day getting healthy and fit body but actually achieving too little unless your diet is proper.
|Images credit: Unsplash.com|
Antioxidants main role is providing the defense mechanism against free radicals. A diet high in antioxidants will help keep you away from many diseases.
Free radicals are the major responsible factor in a person’s aging. Damage caused by the overload of free radical over time becomes irreversible and causing certain diseases like heart disease
What Foods Are Rich In Antioxidants
Strawberries are packed with loads of Vitamin C and other antioxidants. Antioxidants in strawberries are found to reduce the risk of cancer, LDL cholesterol and protects the heart.
Blueberries contain antioxidants in the form of anthocyanins which fight against the cancerous cells. Blueberries also loaded with Vitamin C and K and manganese that help protect heart diseases and some age-related memory loss.
Against all odds, very few people will reject dark chocolates. You will get another reason to put chocolates on grocery bucket because dark chocolates get famed with flavonoid antioxidants that’s called ‘flavonols’. These flavonols help to lower blood pressures and alleviates the diabetes risk.
Walnuts are richest in antioxidants activity than any other common nuts. Antioxidant in walnut is alpha-linolenic acid, a type of omega-3 fatty acids. Walnuts are famous for proteins, fibers, unsaturated fats(healthy fats) along with antioxidants. Everyday walnut can keep your heart and brain healthy.
Reader’s favorite- Health benefits of Turmeric
Here again anthocyanin antioxidants play an important role in reducing inflammation and cholesterol levels. Cherries contain melatonin which aids treat insomnia. Antioxidants in cherries show anti-aging properties.
Cranberries are often referred to as super food. Cranberries possess atypical antioxidants like proanthocyanins or PACs that keeps bacteria away and thus prevents us from urinary tract infections, certain types of cancers, other infections and makes immune strong.
These blackberries contain antioxidants in the format of ‘polyphenols’ a plant compound which is responsible for slowing the aging and cognitive impairment as age grows.
Pecan contains more than 20 minerals and vitamins, thereby makes it a powerful antioxidant source. Pecans bursts with powerful manganese which fights for age-defying antioxidant powers to keep skin firm. Eating pecans daily reduces bad LDL cholesterols and increases the good amount of antioxidants.
Raspberries along with sweetened taste contain the high level of antioxidants like ‘ellagitannins’ which fights against heart diseases and cancer cells.
Almonds are the good source of Vitamin E, magnesium, copper and proteins. Almond also contain ‘good’ unsaturated fatty acids along with other minerals and antioxidants. Almond reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Avocados are full of essential Vitamin A and D and essential fatty acids which keeps skin healthy and young. You can read more about Avocado health benefits here.
Green Leafy Vegetables
All fresh green leafy vegetables are very good sources of Antioxidants. Spinach, kale, brocoli, etc are rich in Vitamin A, C, E and K and contains abundance of carotenoids. These all nutrients boosts immunity and nourishes the body.
Antioxidant Food Benefits
In the last article of Antioxidants facts, I had already discussed different types of antioxidants. We always head towards healthy diets regardless of knowing how this mysterious compound called “Antioxidant” benefit us. So today let me straight go to list of antioxidant Benefits.
- Makes you look younger than before
- Keep your immune system up and active
- Gives you essential nutrient
- Functions body properly
- Improves eyesight
- Protects from diseases like cardiovascular disorders, kidney disorders, etc
- Improves brain function and enhances memory power
Does Body Produce Antioxidants?
Yes, our body produces antioxidants but not enough to protect against the cumulative free radicals.
- GNC Vitamin C Caplets. This contains 1000 mg of Ascorbic Acid or Vitamin C which gives the daily recommended value of vitamin C and also provides you with bioflavonoids which is essential to protect your immune system and for glowing skin. (100% Vegetarian, No added flavors, No added colors) Here is the link to buy- https://amzn.to/2OcX6dk
2. INLIFE Antioxidants Supplement. This Antioxidant supplement tablet contains grape seed extracts and green tea extract which strengthen your immunity and keep you healthy all the time. This container contains 60 Tablets, take everyday one for the best result. In this, you will get Green tea extract 25 mg, Grape Seed Extract 10mg, Vitamin C 25 mg, and other mineral and antioxidants as well. And with this all, it will cost you only Rs. 400/- for two months.